St Michael's Pant

Description

1. 5330 MARKET STREET (South Side) St Michael's Pant (Formerly listed under St Michael's Lane). NU 1813 SE 1/110 20.2.52. II* GV 2. In front of Nos 33 and 35. 1765. Built by Matthew Mills, designed by Mr. Bell. 'Gothick'. High square base with blind cusped pointer arch to each face and set back angle buttresses with blind pointed arch and cusped finial on top of each Moulded cornice with quatrefoil, blind tracery parapet. St Michael and Dragon (the symbol of the Town) on top of traceried octagonal drum - lacks spear, carries shield with a cross patonce. Worn gargoyle for water spout into large square trough.

Tags

Issues

Comments

Map

Images

Resources

NameDescription
St Michaels Pant

St Michaels Pant by Barbara Woodhouse

Historic England listing: St Michael's PantHistoric England listing: St Michael's Pant
Pants of Alnwick (St Michaels Pant)

A joint project by Alnwick Chamber of Trade, Alnwick Civic Society, and others to identify, assess, preserve / enhance and promote Alnwick pants

Keys to the past: St Michael's PantKeys to the past: St Michael's Pant
St Michael's Pant, a public drinking fountain in Market Street, Alnwick, with Landells linen and woollen drapers in the background

St Michael's Pant, a public drinking fountain in Market Street, Alnwick, with Landells linen and woollen drapers in the background

Share