POTTERGATE 1. 5330 (East End) Pant NU 1813 SE 1/350 II 2. 1875, replacing that of 1790. Four sided, 3 stages, polished granite. Consists of a plinth, a blind arch on each face and a pyramidal cap topped by a lamp standard. The trough faces Narrowgate, Two bronze medallions below the cap - to left St Michael and Dragon, to right monogram "W.D." In centre, to Narrowgate, a quatrefoil with the inscription: "Erected 1873 at the cost of Will. Dickson Esq of Alnwick in place of the old pant". Bronze lion head spout.
|Pottergate Pant New|
Pottergate Pant New
|Pottergate Pant Old|
Pottergate Pant Old
|Historic England listing: Pottergate Pant||Historic England listing: Pottergate Pant|
|Pants of Alnwick (Pottergate Pant)|
A joint project by Alnwick Chamber of Trade, Alnwick Civic Society, and others to identify, assess, preserve / enhance and promote Alnwick pants.
|Keys to the past: Pottergate Pant||Keys to the past: Pottergate Pant|