PERCY STREET 1. 5330 (East Side) Church of St Paul NU 1813 SE 1/85 20.2.52. B 2. 1846 by Anthony Salvin for the 3rd Duke of Northumberland in decorated style. Large stone built church. Five bay aisled rave with a lower 2 bay aisled chancel and an embattled west tower with diagonal buttresses. Tower of 4 stages: entrance with pointed arch of 2 orders, a window above with decorated tracery, a clock on 3rd stage. Decorated tracery to aisle and clerestory windows and to large east window. Small rose at east end of nave. Projecting north porch with pointed arch of 2 orders and shallow painted niches with cusped heads in spandrels; an octopartite vault inside carried on head corbels. Vestries at south-east end. The interior has slender, keeled shafts to feinted arcades with label stops. Nave has an octopartite wooden vault, the chancel an arch braced collar beam roof. Splendid stained glass in east window designed by John Dyce and made by Ainmiller of Munich 1856. Monument to 3rd Duke (died 1847) by J.E. Carew. Oak pews with blind tracery in front and carved ends.