The following building shall be added:- SOUTH ROAD NU 11 SE 905-/8/10001 (East side) North Chapel at Alnwick Cemetery GV II Cemetery chapel. 1856. Designed by FR Wilson, and built by Armstrong and Hudspeth. Rubble stone with ashlar dressings and slate roof with coped gables and finials. Chamfered plinth, angle buttresses quoins and a moulded band. South front has, to the right a projecting gabled porch with pointed arch doorway, and at the corner an octagonal stair turret with reduced stone spire. To the left 2 pairs of small pointed arch windows with buttresses between, and beyond a single similar window with hood mould. The west gable front has 3 lancets and above 4 small circular windows. The east gable front has a projecting single storey narthex with 4 small pointed arch windows and a stone roof. Above a tall pointed arch window of 3-lights with unusual plate tracery and a hood mould.
|Historic England listing: North Chapel at Alnwick Cemetery||Historic England listing: North Chapel at Alnwick Cemetery|
|Keys to the past: North Chapel at Alnwick Cemetery||Keys to the past: North Chapel at Alnwick Cemetery|