BAILIFFGATE 1. 5330 (North Side) Roman Catholic Church of St Mary NU 1813 NE 2/7 NU 1813 NW 3/7 II GV 2. 1856, by John Green. Three gabled bays, centre wider and projecting. Early English style. Three stages, centre over basement. Ashlar with ground floor string, labels to openings (with head stops on left), and string to coped gables. Centre with angle buttresses, terminating in stunted pinnacles. Central doorway with recessed trefoil lights in spandrels of pointed arch; printed arch side door to left, large square door to Presbytery on right. Lancet triplet in centre with lights surmounted by trefoil in centre. Star and blind lancets in centre gable. Blind lancets in side gables. Fleur de lys pinnacles to side gables. Interior: top lit, gallery at south end.
|Inspired Alnwick - Bailiffgate Museum|
Inspired Alnwick - Bailiffgate Museum - Formerly St Mary’s Church
|Historic England listing: Roman Catholic Church of St. Mary||Historic England listing: Roman Catholic Church of St. Mary|
|Keys to the past: Roman Catholic Church of St. Mary||Keys to the past: Roman Catholic Church of St. Mary|