The following building shall be added:- SOUTH ROAD NU 11 SE (East side) 905-/8/10002 South Chapel at Alnwick Cemetery GV II Cemetery chapel. 1856. Designed by F R Wilson and built by Armstrong and Hudspeth. Rubble stone with ashlar dressings and slate roofs with coped gables and finials. Chamfered plinth, angle buttresses, quoins and a moulded band. North front has, to the left a projecting gabled porch with pointed arch doorway, to the right a pair of small pointed arch windows, then 2 single similar windows. West gable front has a tall 2-light pointed arch window with plate tracery and hood mould, and above a small quatrefoil. To the right a small window and beyond a pointed arch doorway, above at the junction a tall circular stone chimney stack. East gable front has a projecting single storey narthex, with 4 small pointed arch windows and stone roofs, above a tall pointed arch window of 3-light with unusual plate tracery and a hood mould. Above on the gable a small bellcote.
|Historic England listing: South Chapel at Alnwick Cemetery||Historic England listing: South Chapel at Alnwick Cemetery|
|Keys to the past: South Chapel at Alnwick Cemetery||Keys to the past: South Chapel at Alnwick Cemetery|