This was one of the first school buildings in Alnwick and important to the history of the town. It was founded by the Duke of Northumberland in 1810 to commemorate the golden jubilee of George III. Although significantly altered and added to, the original school, known as the Jubilee School, can be identified. The building makes an important contribution to the character of the historic area of the town. The belfry and the commemorative plaque are particularly interesting.