GREEN BATT 1. 5330 The Pinfold NU 1815 SE 1/255 II 2. Former pound removed to present position in 1819 from Bondgate Without (near present War Memorial, qv). Ashlar built about 5-6 ft high, oval-shaped, about 12x15 1/2 yards.
Original date unknown, but repaired in 1675. Originally
positioned near Bondgate Tower, then moved to site of the present War Memorial, then to Green Batt when the Tenantry Column was erected.