Church Pant -
Tate reports that: The Church Well was repaired by the corporation in 1737; and in 1778, "a new pant was erected near the church," and to James Johnson was paid 2s. 6d. "for cutting the Town's arms,"—St. Michael killing the dragon—on this pant. It then stood on the east side of the highway leading to Canongate, at the base of the church hill; but as it interfered with some proposed improvement of the churchyard, the churchwardens applied for its removal to the opposite side of the road, and this was acceeded to on the condition that the stone panel with the town's arms, though worn and defaced by time, should be built into the new pant, and that sufficient space should be left, so that the freemen could ride round it according to ancient custom.
Church Pant is the only significant Pant in Alnwick that is not currently listed. In the current situation it is unlikely that it would be possible to gain a listing.