The Old Narrowgate Salesrooms, formerly Railton's auctioneers. Currently displaying antiques for Athey.
Journal in 2012: "The Old Narrowgate Salerooms at Alnwick has been used by auctioneers since around the year 1900. But today current occupiers Railtons hold their final sale there before moving to a new site. Last night, company boss Jim Railton heralded it as the end of the era and spoke of his sadness at leaving the site. The building on Alnwick’s Narrowgate dates back to the 19th Century and is owned by the Duke of Northumberland’s estates. It started life as a furniture manufacturing workshop but began use as an auction house in around 1900 when it was taken over by Dougie Grey. The premises then passed to town auctioneer Ian Robertson, who worked from there for around 30 years, before being taken over by Anderson and Garland. Finally, it passed to Mr Railton around three years ago, with the auctioneer last night revealing he came close to taking it over when Mr Robertson moved on."
Advertisements from the 1850s show this as a Grocer and Fruiterer, etc. (Thomas Johnson until 1855) then Furniture showroom by 1912.