A large stone-built residence with grounds and lodge built in 1862.
As well as making an important contribution to the character of the town, it is a good example of the work of Alnwick based architect F. R. Wilson. After being occupied by the local council for many years, the house and grounds are currently being developed for residential use.
Built in 1863 for Dr. George Wilson, from plans by F. R. Wilson. Later owned by the Carr-Ellison family. Acquired by Health authority (probably c. 1960) as nurses home. Acquired by Council on re-organsation (1972-3) for £55,000. Now sold for conversion to multiple residential use.