NARROWGATE 1. 5330 (North-East Side) Nos 8 to 14 (even) NU 1813 SE 1/72 II GV 2. A pair of early to mid C18 houses with inserted shops. Three storeys, 3 windows each. Coursed squared rubble, Nos 12 and 14 tooled for rendering; cavetto moulded eaves cornice; coped verges with kneelers; slate roofs with 3 brick chimneys. Nos 8 and 10 have glazing bar sash windows, the central 2nd floor window not quite aligned; Nos 12 and 14 have late glazed sashes. No 8 has a modern shop front with the burnt out remains of the 'Golden Canister' (shop sign for former tea shop). No 10 formerly had a bow window which has been turned into a 3-light canted bay. Between Nos 8 and 10 is a heavily moulded early C18 bolection doorway which led formerly to Golden Canister Yard. No 12 has a 2 light shop front with an angled and recessed central door and a modern fascia. No 14 has a 2 light shop window with 4 upper lights, entered by a flush panel door.