ST MICHAEL'S LANE 1. 5330 (West Side) Nos 6 and 8 and the Savings Bank NU 1813 SE 1/108 II GV 2. 1851 in Georgian style. Two storeys with hipped slate roofs and brick chimneys. The Savings Bank has 3 windows, the centre bay breaks forward slightly and has a pediment. Moulded eaves cornice extends over Nos 6 and 8 which is slightly set back. Nos 6 and 8 have 2 windows. All glazing bar sash windows. Central 6 panel door to Savings Bank, 2 plain doorways to Nos 6 and 8.
A “gentleman's residence”, which was bought in 1851 for £700 by the Trustee Savings Bank who moved there from their Narrowgate/Fenkle Street premises (now the “Clock Shop”). The Bank spent a further £200 on alterations and improvements and remained there until, after an armed robbery in the 1980s, they moved into what had been the Globe Inn on Market Street.