1/263 GREEN BATT 1. 5330 (North Side) No 34 NU 1813 SE 1/263 II 2. Built 1856 as Alnwick Court House, new District Council Treasury. Classical front of 2 storeys and 5 windows. Ashlar with rock faced quoins (chisel draughted margins) and plat band. Simple eaves cornice to slate roof with coped verges and footstones. Two ashlar gable end chimneys and large central vent. Late glazed sash windows with moulded architraves on 1st floor. Central doorway with bracketted pediment. Lower 2 storey one window extension to north-east with raised dressings and crow-stepped gables. Interior formerly vaulted, still much exposed ashlar.