ALNWICK MOOR 1. 5330 Aydon Forest Freeman's Hill Farmhouse NU 10 NE 10/130 II 2. Enclosed 1771 and 1st built then. Present house circa 1803 incorporating older parts. Two storeys and 3 windows with single storey range on each side. Coursed squared rubble. Slate roof with coped verges and 2 brick chimneys. Late glazed sash windows. Central door with later pebbledash covered gabled porch which obscures the lintel on which some inscriptions remain. The figures ..8..17 are visible and also parts of names (Hindmarsh, Bell, Selby). Roof at rear is partly a catslide roof. Named after the nearby well, or pond, in which the Freemen of Alnwick are traditionally initiated.